Tips to take care of your mental health during Corona Virus Outbreak
1. Educate yourself about the disease: Read authentic information coming from sources such as the WHO. WhatsApp is not even an option of last resort.
2. Take necessary precautions. Practise personal hygiene and social isolation.
3. Keep faith: Pray if it helps in giving you the mental strength to calm your nerves.
4. Pick up a book or a hobby to pursue as you stay indoors. It can keep you relaxed.
5. Spend time with family: Use this as time to connect and recuperate. We have all become emotionally isolated through excessive reliance on gadgets and technology. This is a great chance to bond and bind.
6. Keep your mind calm: Yoga and meditation or some deep breathing exercises can be done for keeping calm and feeling less stressed.
7. Take time to declutter your physical space: Cleaning up and organising everything helps in making the mind feel fresh.
8. Exercise indoors: Release of endorphins during exercise can help in uplifting your mood in these tough times.
9. Stay in touch with your friends through group video calls as it keeps the spirits alive.
Mental health tips amidst coronavirus outbreak: Avoid to do the following
1. Do not over consume social media messages and news as a lot of it is fake. It only creates a situation of panic.
2. Don't live in a state of optimistic bias like 'It will not happen to me', 'I am safe.' The crisis is real and it can happen to anyone. Take necessary precautions.
3. Don't spread information that creates fear in the society, unless it comes from a reliable source.
4. Don't exaggerate your anxiety by thinking of the worst case scenarios in your mind.
5. Don't become paranoid or obsessive about handwashing. Moderate yourself.
6. Don't trivialise the seriousness of the situation and live in denial.