Tamil Nadu issues guidelines for firms bringing guest workers back to state
The Tamil Nadu government has issued a set of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for companies that are bringing in guest workers back to the state. The SOPs include RT-PCR tests for all and quarantine stay for those who test negative.
The guidelines state that every firm which wants to bring in guest workers into the state shall apply to their District Collector's office for a TN e-pass providing details including their names, address, Aadhar number, mobile number, address of workplace, details of the vehicle they will be transported by and proposed quarantine facility. Other guidelines include:
- The District Collector will examine requests and approve them online
- The cost of transporting workers to be borne by the firm
- All individuals to undergo thermal screening before they board the vehicle for transportation
- On arrival in TN, workers to undergo RT-PCR test for coronavirus; firms to bear the cost
- Those who test positive to be sent to the hospital. Those who test negative shall be sent to 14 days' room quarantine in a suitable place identified by the company and approved by the district administration
- If an individual develops symptoms in 14 days, they must be tested for coronavirus.
- The others who complete 14 days without symptoms can be deployed at worksites following protocol in place.
- Workers to undergo thermal screening at the worksite every day
- The place of accommodation for workers must be hygienic, well ventilated and they must be educated on protocols of health and hygiene.
- Guest workers must be given health education using an appropriate language by the company