Sushant Singh Rajput death case: CBI SIT records more than half a dozen statements
The Special Investigation Team of CBI formed for probing the
Sushant Singh Rajput death case met today at the agency headquarters in Delhi. According to sources, the investigating officers discussed the case and designed their strategy forward. More than half a dozen statements have already been recorded in the case by the CBI. DIG CBI Suvez Haque has been appointed as the Nodal officer between the CBI and Mumbai Police.
A CBI source revealed that one part of the investigation is almost complete as the agency has already recorded more than half a dozen statements. This also includes statements related to Sushant Singh Rajput’s finances. The CBI team has also recorded the statements in connection to the allegations against the main accused, Rhea Chakraborty.
The source said that a team of forensic science experts and analysts has been formed by the CBI SIT, which will be accompanying the investigating officers to Mumbai.
The CBI team has established a formal communication with the Mumbai Police.
On August 19, The Supreme Court allowed the CBI to take control of the Sushant Singh Rajput death case. The actor was found hanging at his Mumbai home on June 14. While the Mumbai Police declared it a case of suicide, Sushant's father, KK Singh, filed a complaint in Patna against Rhea Chakraborty and her family members. In his complaint, Singh accused Rhea and her family of abetment of suicide and said that they siphoned off Rs 15 crore from Sushant's bank accounts.
While the investigation of the Mumbai Police was ongoing, Bihar Police began its probe and reached Mumbai. The team said that Mumbai Police didn't cooperate with them and asked for a CBI inquiry into the matter. Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, after talking to KK Singh, recommended a CBI probe into the case. On August 5, the Centre told the Supreme Court that the case had been transferred to the CBI.