Maharashtra cabinet portfolios: Ajit Pawar could get finance, Aaditya Thackeray environment and tourism
Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar is likely to be assigned the finance portfolio, and cabinet minister Aaditya Thackeray could get the environment and tourism portfolios, sources said.
Both men were sworn in with 34 others as ministers in Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray's government this week.
Ajit Pawar has been deputy chief minister twice this year -- his first stint was the result of a short-lived defection that briefly brought the BJP back to power.
Aaditya Thackeray, 29, is the chief minister's son.
Here's a full list that shows the portfolio allocation scenario is playing out.
1. Ajit Pawar, NCP - Finance and planning
2. Anil Deshmukh, NCP - Home
3. Jayant Patil, NCP - Irrigation
4. Dilip Valse Patil, NCP - Labour and Excise
5. Chavan Bhujbal, NCP - Food and Civil supplies
6. Aaditya Thackeray, Shiv Sena - Environment and Tourism
7. Eknath Shinde, Shiv Sena - Urban Development
8. Subhash Desai, Shiv Sena - Industry
9. Balasaheb Thorat, Congress - Revenue
10. Ashok Chavan, Congress - PWD
11. Amit Deshmukh, Congress - School Education or Power
12. Nitin Raut, Congress - Wants Power
13. Yashomati Thakur, Congress - Woman and Child Development
14. Nawab Malik, NCP - Minority affairs
15. Jitendra Awhad, NCP - Housing
The Congress, one of the three parties in Uddhav's coalition, has asked the Shiv Sena to give the state's road development corporation to Ashok Chavan.
Congress also wants the agriculture portfolio, but the Sena hasn't agreed to give it yet.