ICMR issues new guideline for reporting of coronavirus related deaths
The ICMR has issued a new set of guideline for the reporting of coronavirus related deaths. According to the guidelines, the following information will be required while reporting of Covid deaths:
1) Immediate cause of death ( Only one cause to be mentioned)
2) Disease or condition that started the sequence of events to reach a logical sequence of events leading to death
3) Other significant conditions like Asthma, TB, Cancer, Hypertension etc
4) Covid-19 can be Underlying Cause of Death (UCOD) if reported to having Pneumonia/ Acute respiratory distress or cardiac injury.
5) Accordingly, four-point list has to be prepared, first will be without any other conditions, Second with some minor conditions, Third with some other major conditions and fourth as the suspected Covid-19 death