Hazardous gas leak at Visakhapattnam chemical plant,Hundreds rushed to hospital

Hazardous gas leak at Visakhapattnam chemical plant,Hundreds rushed to hospital

A major gas leak at a polymer company in Visakhapatnam has created panic among locals. Hundreds of villagers were rushed to nearby hospitals with complaints of headache, vomiting, and breathing problems. The incident took place early morning on Thursday.

The gas leakage was reported at LG Polymers in RRV Puram, Naidu Thota area in the early hours of Thursday.

Local administration and personnel of the Indian Navy were pressed into action who evacuated five nearby villages.

The hazardous gas leakage has left many ill in the area and this has created panic.