Ghee benefits: 10 reasons why you should eat ghee every day
1. To everyone's shock and surprise, you can eat ghee as part of a weight loss diet! Ghee contains omega-3 fatty acid DHA and omega 6 (CLA). These fats can help in increasing lean body mass while also reducing fat mass. Ghee also helps in mobilising fat cells to be burnt for energy.
2. Ghee is an all-natural product that can be stored for months. It is a time-tested food that is extremely versatile in nature.
3. Ghee is great for moisturising of skin and hair. If you experience dry skin woes in winter, or if you feel your hair is frizzy, then ghee is the food for you. Topically apply ghee on your skin and hair and magical results will surely follow!
4. Ghee has anti-inflammatory properties. It can be used to treat burns and swelling. Butyrate is a kind of fatty acid in ghee, which has been linked to an immune system response linked to inflammation.
5. Ghee can boost digestion. It helps in healing and repairing of the stomach lining. This benefit can be specifically helpful for people with IBS or Crohn's disease.
6. Ghee is a nutritional powerhouse containing Vitamins A, D, E and K. These nutrients can together be beneficial for strengthening your immunity and keeping you disease-free.
7. Ghee has a rich antioxidant profile. These antioxidants can offer protection to the body by damage caused by free radicals. Ghee can prevent cell and tissue damage that eventually leads to diseases.
8. Ghee is the food you need if you have joint pain, arthritis. It helps in soothing inflammation, lubricates joints and reduces joint stiffness caused by arthritis.
9. In Ayurveda, ghee is considered to be one of the best sources of self-massage. It is cooling and calming in nature. If you experience trouble in sleeping, then you can massage your temples with ghee and it may help in promoting better sleep.
10. Ghee is beneficial for heart health. It contains omega-3 fatty acids, that have been found to be beneficial for brain health and heart health.