Bombay High Court stays BMC's demolition at Kangana Ranaut's Mumbai home, seeks response
The Bombay High Court on September 9 put a stay on the demolition process by Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) at Bollywood actress Kangana Ranaut's property and sought to know how the civic body entered the property when the owner was not present.
The court further asked the Mumbai civic body to file a reply on Ranaut’s petition, reported news agency ANI.
A division bench of Justices SJ Kathawalla and RI Chagla was hearing a petition filed by Ranaut in the morning, challenging the notice issued by the BMC for "illegal construction" at her bungalow.
The court posted the matter for hearing on September 10.
Earlier on the day, the ‘Queen’ actor approached the High Court challenging the notice issued by the BMC for 'illegal construction’ at her bungalow, and sought a stay on the demolition process.
"We filed a petition this morning seeking urgent hearing. We have sought a stay on the demolition process by way of interim relief,” Ranaut’s advocate Rizwan Siddiqui had told PTI.
The BMC demolished 'illegal alterations' at the Bandra bungalow of Ranaut, a civic official said on the day.
Ranaut’s recent remark comparing Mumbai to Pakistan-occupied-Kashmir (PoK) has drawn the ire of the ruling Shiv Sena which also controls the BMC.
The 33-year-old actor, who is scheduled to reach later in the day, has alleged that the Maharashtra government is targeting her because of her fight with the Shiv Sena.