14-day-old baby accidentally swallows safety pin. Here's how a Mumbai cop saved his life

14-day-old baby accidentally swallows safety pin. Here's how a Mumbai cop saved his life

A cop from Mumbai has garnered a big round of applause on the internet for saving a baby's life after he accidentally swallowed a safety pin. Mumbai Police shared PC S Kolekar's story in a post on Twitter and the internet is simply delighted.

Kolekar was on duty when he spotted the child's worried parents on a street. The 14-day-old baby had swallowed a safety pin by mistake and was choking on it. Kolekar, immediately, helped the couple and the child reach the King Edward Memorial Hospital in Mumbai in his vehicle. Doctors looked into the case soon after and treated the child.

"When in doubt, find your nearest cop! A-14 day old baby was choking on a safety pin he had accidentally swallowed. PC S.Kolekar spotted the worried parents on the road and rushed the kid to KEM using his own vehicle, where the child received timely treatment," Mumbai Police said in the caption of its post.